The Uterus is
The Woman’s Center
If her uterus is not in proper position and good health, nothing in her life will be right. She will be as out of balance as her uterus.
Don Elijio Panti
Unhealthy uterus positions that may be corrected with Arvigo Maya Abdominal Massage:
Do you know the position of your uterus?
The uterus is a thick-walled, upside-down, pear-shaped organ, about 3 inches long and located in a woman's abdomen between the bladder and the rectum. The normal position of the uterus is behind and slightly leaning over the bladder in the center of the pelvis, about one and a half inches above the pubic bone. The uterus is composed of several muscle layers and primarily supported by the pelvic diaphragm and the urogenital diaphragm.
Secondarily ligaments- the cardinal, broad ligaments, uterosacrals and round ligaments serve as a vital support structure, helping to keep female organs seperate from the intestines. This allows your bladder, rectum and vagina to maintain the correct position within your body.
Uterine ligaments are naturally designed to stretch to accommodate an enlarged uterus during menses as well as a growing fetus.
The normal position of the uterus is behind and slightly leaning over the bladder in the center of the pelvis, about one and a half inches above the pubic bone. The uterus is held in this position by smooth muscle, the vaginal wall, and ligaments that are designed to stretch to accommodate an enlarged uterus during menses, a growing fetus, and to move freely when the bladder or bowel is full. The ligaments and muscles can weaken or become over-stretched due to sudden impact such as a fall, a motor vehicle accident, or pregnancy.
Old adhesions from traumatic pelvic and abdominal conditions, such as surgery, chronic inflammation, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or cesarean delivery are softened when addressed with Maya Abdominal Massage.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage are centered around the ancient Mayan techniques that reposition organs that have dropped and restricted the flow of blood, lymph, nerve, and chi energy.
As with any other natural healing, Arvigo Techniques seek to restore the body to its natural balance.
Stages of Uterine Prolapse:
Prolapse literally means "to fall out of place", it is a condition where organs such as the uterus, falls down or slip out of place.
This involves a weakening of a group of ligaments called the uterosacral ligaments at the top of the vagina. This causes the uterus to fall,
which can cause both the front and back wall of the vagina to weaken as well.
There are four stages of prolapse:
First-degree prolapse: The uterus drops into the upper portion of the vagina
Second-degree prolapse: The uterus falls into the lower part of the vagina
Third-degree prolapse: The cervix, which is located at the bottom of the uterus, sags to the vaginal opening and may protrude outside the body.
Fourth-degree prolapse: The entire uterus protrudes entirely outside the vagina.
Signs and Symptoms
- a feeling of heaviness or pressure in the pelvis
- discomfort in the pelvic, abdomen or lower back area
- a protrusion of tissue from the opening of the vagina
- recurrent urinary bladder infections
- difficulty with urination, frequent or urgend urination, incontinence
- pain durin intercourse
Causes of the Displaced Uterus
- Repeated pregnancies close together with difficult deliveries
- Poor professional care during pregnancy, delivery and postpartum
- Carrying heavy burdens during pregnancy or too soon after delivery
- Carrying young children on the hip for prolonged periods of time
- Injury to the sacrum or tailbone from a fall, severe blow or car accident
- Walking barefoot on cold floors and/or wet grass
- Wearing high heel shoes
- Running on cement surfaces with improper foot support
- A career in aerobics or high impact sports and dancing
- Poor alignment of the pelvic bones with the spinal column
- Chronic muscle spasms around the hips, low back and sacrum
- Chronic constipation
- Emotional armoring from rape, sexual abuse, or incest at any time in life
- Aging and the pull of gravity on ligaments
- Modern life
Some of the common symptoms, which can be helped by Maya Abdominal Massage include:
- Dysmenorrhea or painful periods
- Late, early or irregular periods
- Dark, thick blood at onset and at end of menstruation
- Headaches or migraine with menses
- Difficult menopause
- Failure to ovulate regulary or not at all
- Dizziness with menses
- PMS/ Depression
- Blood clots during menstruation and excessive bleeding
- Chronic miscarriages, premature deliveries
- Difficult pregnancy/ incompetent uterus, spotting
- Endometriosis/ Endometritis
- Uterine polyps
- Overian cysts/ fibroids
- Vaginitis/ vaginal yeast conditions
- Bladder infections or cystitis
- Painful intercourse
- Chronic constipation
- Varicose veins of the legs
- Lower back ache
- Tired legs, numb feet, sore heels when walking